Helen M. Knight Elementary School conducts puberty education in 5th grade classes in alignment with State of Utah health standards and approved by the district maturation committee and school board.
Boys and girls meet separately for the presentations. Registered Nurses of the same gender deliver the presentation to the students. The presentation is delivered one time and lasts about one hour.
Registered Nurses present the opposite gender presentation, plus a review of the same gender human growth and development to 6th grade students.
Active (opt-in) parental consent is required 2 weeks in advance of the presentation.
Maturation Handouts for Students:
- Always Changing and Growing Up (Girl)
- Always Changing and Growing Up (Boy)
- Always Changing y creciendo de Nina
- Always Changing y creciendo de Nino
- Supporting your Daughter through Puberty
- Supporting your Son through Puberty
- Apoyando a tu hijo durante la pubertad
- Apoyando a tu hija durante la pubertad
Girl's Maturation Powerpoint
Boy's Maturation Powerpoint