When should I keep my student home from school?
- A communicable disease
- Fever greater that 100.4 degrees F within the last 24 hours
- Vomiting/diarrhea with the last 24 hours
- Pain the requires the use of narcotic medications
- An upper respiratory illness with significant coughing and/or nasal discharge
When should I contact the school nurse?
- Any illness or injury that impacts your student's attendance and academic performance
- A new medical diagnosis or a change in you child's health status
- A newly prescribed medication
- A change in a current medication
- A serious injury, illness or hospitalization
- A fracture, sprain, stitches, or a cast
- A contgious disease such as chicken pox, flu, strep throat, whooping cough
- If a child is absent for and extended period time
- If there are any recent changes in your family that may affect your child, such as a birth, recent loss or sudden illness.
What is an individual health plan (IHP)?
My child already has a 504 plan. Does my child need an individual health plan?
Can school staff administer Ibuprofen or Tylenol at school?
Where can I go for vaccinations in the community?
575 S. Kane Creek Blvd.
Can my child carry his/her epi pen and albuterol to school?
How often to medication orders and health plans need to be renewed?