Utah Educator Licensing
Explanation of the types of educator licenses issued by USBE (Professional, Associate, LEA-Specific):
The following designations or levels apply to educator licenses, license areas (i.e. - elementary, secondary, special education), and content endorsements (i.e. - mathematics, music, Spanish, social studies):
- Professional Educator License – The educator has completed an educator preparation program that includes content and pedagogical knowledge. This program may have been completed at a university or in an alternate pathway that was supported by school districts/charters and the Utah State Board of Education.
- Associate Educator License – The educator is currently completing an educator preparation program, but has not yet completed all requirements for a Professional Educator License, license area, or endorsement. The educator is enrolled in a university-based or Local Education Agency (LEA) based program. When the educator completes the program, they will have a professional level.
- Local Education Agency (LEA)-specific Educator License – a license issued to an individual, approved by the local Board of Education, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator, while working on a Professional License.
An LEA-specific license area or endorsement may include:
- Out of State and Internationally licensed educators completing Utah licensing requirements.
- Educators waiting for university license recommendations.
- Educators with expired Utah licenses.
- Educators working towards an Associate license area/endorsement.
- Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing.
- Educators waiting to begin a university licensure program.
Grand County School District’s schools may employ individuals holding LEA-specific Educator Licenses, as well as Professional and Associate Educator Licenses, as outlined below based on the employee’s FTE.
Teachers with LEA-Specific Licenses:
Malory Betty - MLHMS
Cayden Black - GCHS
Jessica Manderfield - GCHS
Julie Zender - HMK
Teachers with LEA-Specific Endorsements:
Cayden Black - Secondary Digital Business Application
Jessica Manderfield - Construction Management
Kurt (Hank) Postma - Video Production 2
Cheree Geiser - SPED Math
Rebecca Peterson - CTE/Digital Literacy
Teachers working towards licensure:
Jamie Reidhead - GCHS
|2021-2022 Percentages by FTE and Qualifications|
|Utah State Board of Education - Educator Licensing|
|LEAName||SchoolNumber||SchoolName||Total FTE||Fully Qualified||Educators who are teaching under LEA Specific or are not Qualified||Educators in an Associate Program to become Professional Qualified|
|Grand County School District||801||Grand Preschool||3||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%|
|Grand County School District||106||Helen M Knight Elementary||49.38||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%|
|Grand County School District||404||MLH Middle School||18.52||89.00%||0.00%||11.00%|
|Grand County School District||704||Grand County High School||35.01||87.00%||6.00%||7.00%|
Board Policy on Licensure - Policy DAB