Utah Educator Licensing
The Utah State Board of Education may grant an educator one of the following education licenses:
- Professional Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has demonstrated all of the State established competencies to be an educator.
- Associate Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has met a minimum set of educator requirements and is completing all professional educator requirements to receive a Professional Educator License.
- Local Education Agency (LEA)-specific Educator License – a license issued to an individual, approved by the local Board of Education, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator.
An LEA-specific license area or endorsement may include:
- Out of State and Internationally licensed educators completing Utah licensing requirements.
- Educators waiting for university license recommendations.
- Educators with expired Utah licenses.
- Educators working towards an Associate license area/endorsement.
- Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing.
- Educators waiting to begin a university licensure program.
Grand County School District’s schools may employ individuals holding LEA-specific Educator Licenses, as well as Professional and Associate Educator Licenses, as outlined below based on the employee’s FTE.
Teachers with LEA-Specific Licenses:
Malory Betty - MLHMS
Cayden Black - GCHS
Kady Brennan - GCHS
Koi Cook - GCHS
Conor Hampson - GCHS
Jessica Manderfield - GCHS
Rebecca Peterson - MLHMS
Julie Zender - HMK
Teachers with LEA-Specific Endorsements:
Cayden Black - Secondary Digital Business Application
Kady Brennan - Speech
Koi Cook - ESL
Jessica Manderfield - Construction Management
Kurt (Hank) Postma - Video Production 2
Cheree Geiser - SPED Math
Rebecca Peterson - CTE/Digital Literacy