This page includes the following information:
- Notices on background check availability
- Background checks for sports and activities
- Covid-19 background check procedures
- What to bring with you to your background check appointment
- Background check calendar
- Background check privacy laws
Updated December 8, 2020
If you are a Grand County School District teacher, educator, substitute, coach, or coaching volunteer, please call the District Office at 435-259-5317 to schedule a background check appointment.
For all other agencies: Grand County School District is temporarily suspending background checks due to Covid-19 and the State of Emergency (click here to see the Governor's Executive Order for the State of Emergency and click here for the Temporary Statewide Covid-19 Restrictions Public Health Order).
This page is regularly updated with new information as it becomes available. Please check back for updates on fingerprinting services.
Updated Fingerprinting Services Protocol - Covid-19
Following the State of Utah’s Phased Health Guidelines, the CDC’s recommendations and the procedures implemented by Utah BCI, this is the updated process for background checks at Grand County School District:
- A face mask and gloves will be worn by the Grand County School District technician who will process your background check.
- A face mask is required for the customers having their fingerprints processed. You may bring your own mask or we will provide a mask if you don’t have one.
- A temperature check is required for customers.
- Customers will be required to wash their hands first.
- Devices and the room will be cleaned in between each customer appointment.
- Customers will be given a form to review.
If you are unable or not willing to follow these precautions, you are welcome to return at a future date when these precautions are no longer required.
You will need to schedule another appointment if you have had any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever or Feeling Feverish (chills, sweating, etc.)
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Taste or Smell
You will need to schedule another appointment if within the past 14 days you have had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19, have traveled to an area where COVID-19 is spreading, or are under quarantine.
Schedule a background check appointment
Background checks are by appointment only. No walk-in appointments. Please arrive on time for your background check. This ensures time between appointments for sanitizing equipment and preparing documents for the next applicant. Early arrivals are not allowed.
Open time slots are indicated on the calendar days located in the calendar below.
To schedule a background check:
1. Click on the day (or colored circle) on the calendar for the date you are interested in reserving for your background check.
2. Once you click on the date, a menu of available times will show up on the screen.
3. Click on the time and enter your contact information. Once you submit this information, the District Office receives and automatic notification.
What to bring with you for your background check:
Please be prepared!
1. Face Mask: Grand County has issued a mask mandate due to COVID-19. Please plan to wear your face mask while you're in the building. If you arrive for your appointment and you do not have a face mask, one will be provided for you.
2. Identification: Bring your state-issued ID, driver's license or passport. You will be asked to provide your ID. This must be a valid ID (not expired).
3. Authorization Form: For background checks for teaching, day care, child care, after-school care, real estate, food pantries, federal agencies and other agencies, you must bring a background check authorization form from the agency requesting your background check. This form must have the agencies "B Code" listed on the form.
4. Fee: Background checks are free for Grand County School District employees and volunteers. For all others the fee for a background check is $20 payable by check or cash. Check with your agency or entity to see what the protocol is for payment of fees (for example, most charter schools pay the fees for their teachers and volunteers).
Cancellation / Change: If you need to cancel your background check appointment, please call 435-259-5317 and leave a message. If you need to change the time or date of your background check, please leave a message and then book a new appointment through the calendar with your new time and date selection.