Child Nutrition Programs » Free and Reduced Lunch Application

Free and Reduced Lunch Application

New Guidelines for Free and Reduced-Price School Meals – Conduit Street
  • All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP, the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) or  TANF, are eligible for free meals.
  • Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals. 
  • Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
  • Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
  • Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on the chart above.

Yes!  Your child’s application is only good for one school year and for the first 30 days of the new school year, regardless of when you applied last year. You must send in a new application unless the you were notified AFTER JULY 1, 2021 that your child is eligible for the new school year.  If you do not send in a new application that is approved by the school or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free meals, your child will be charged the full price for meals. 

We strongly encourage you to complete the Free and Reduced Application before school starts each school year.  If your child charges meals before you complete the application, you are responsible for those charges regardless of your Free and Reduced status after you apply.  

No, but please read the letter you received carefully and follow the instructions. If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact Alysha Packard - Director or Child Nutrition Programs immediately.

Yes! You are encouraged to complete an online application instead of a paper application if you are able. The online application has the same requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application. Visit Aspire to begin or to learn more about the online application process. Contact Alysha Packard - Director of Child Nutrition Programs if you have any questions about the online application.

No. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. Applications can be completed online or the application above can be printed and completed in PEN. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Grand County School District 264 South 400 East Moab, Utah 85432

Yes! You may apply at any time during the school year.  For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit. If you are a seasonal worker you may use your average annual (yearly) income to complete the application. If you have any questions about this process, please contact Alysha Packard - Director of Child Nutrition Programs.

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals.  Please send in an application.

List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you make $1000 per month.  If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes.  If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income. If you are a seasonal worker you may use your average yearly income. Please contact Alysha Packard - Director of Child Nutrition Programs if you have any questions.

Household members may not receive some types of income we ask you to report on the application, or may not receive income at all. Whenever this happens, please write a 0 in the field. However, if any income fields are left empty or blank, those will also be counted as zeroes. Please be careful when leaving income fields blank, as we will assume you meant to do so.

Do the members of your household lack a permanent address? Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis? Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household? If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please contact Alysha Packard - Director of Child Nutrition Programs.

Yes. You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced price meals.  The information on your application is HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL and is not shared. The information you provide is ONLY used to determine your eligibility for Free or Reduced Price Meals, so it is very important that ALL members of your household are included on the application.

List any additional household members on a separate piece of paper, and attach it to your application.

Your basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income. If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing, it must also be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is also excluded from income. 

Yes. The Child Nutrition Department reviews all Free and Reduced Applications. We may also ask you to send written proof of the household income you report. Any information you submit on your application is HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL and is never shared with anyone.

Si habla español, visite nuestra página gratuita y reducida en español.


If you need a Free & Reduced Meal Application in an alternate language (other than Spanish), click HERE.


If you need additional help in an alternate language (other than Spanish), please contact the Moab Valley Multicultural Center

To find out how to apply for Utah Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programs (SNAP) or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office:


Department of Workforce Services

457 Kane Creek Blvd 
Moab, UT 84532

Phone: 435-719-2600
Fax: 435-719-2604




Employment services for general public (some programs are for eligible individuals):

  • Job search and job preparation assistance
  • On-site recruiting and hiring events
  • Career exploration and coaching
  • Veterans employment assistance
  • Adult and youth employment and training programs

Vocational Rehabilitation services for eligible individuals with disabilities to prepare for employment:

  • Counseling and guidance
  • Training and education
  • Disability treatment and assistive technology
  • Job placement, coaching and other support services for work
  • Pre-employment transition services for students


USOR Phone 435-259-4635


Eligibility services for SNAP (food), child care, financial and medical assistance:

  • Apply online here.
  • Mail, fax or drop off supporting documents through one of the following ways:
  • Fax: (801) 526-9500 or toll-free 1-877-313-4717
  • Mail:  Centralized Imaging Unit (CIU)
    P.O. Box 143245
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-3245


Equal Opportunity Employer/Program

Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities by calling 801-526-9240. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech impairments may call Relay Utah by dialing 711. Spanish Relay Utah: 1-888-346-3162.

You should talk to the Child Nutrition Department if you have any questions or concerns about the status of your application.

Director of Child Nutrition Programs

Alysha Packard

TSAC Building

604 South 400 East

Moab, Utah 85432

(435) 259-2757


If you are not satisfied with that response or you still disagree with the approval decision you also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to:

Grand County School District Superintendent

Taryn Kay

264 South 400 East

Moab, Utah 85432

(435) 259-1718

Non-Discrimination Policy – Taylor, Sharon – San Augustine ...
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
For all other FNS nutrition assistance programs, State or local agencies, and their
subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights
regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions
participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any
program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information
(e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State
or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech
disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally,
program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination
Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter
addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request
a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
ADA Compliant 10/10/2018