- Immunization - 5110 - 12-18-02
- Vision Screening - 5120 - 06-22-94
- Placement - 5130 - 11-19-97
- Identification Records - 5140 - 12-18-02
- Acceptance of Outside Credit - 5150 - 10-18-06
STUDENT RECORDS - 5200 - 06-22-94
- Access - 5210 - 12-18-02
- Right to Amend - 5220 - 06-22-94
- Student With Disabilities - 5230 - 12-18-02
- Annual Notification Forms - 5240 - 12-18-02
- Absences / Excuses - 5310 - 12-18-02
- Truancy - 5320 - 12-18-02
- Suspension & Removal - 5330 - 12-18-02
- School Boundaries - 5340 - 12-18-02
- Elementary - 5400 - 12-18-02
- Middle School - 5410 - 12-18-02
- High School - 5420 - 06-18-07
- Reporting to Parents - 5430 - 02-15-06
- Graduation / Separation - 5440 - 12-18-02
- Awards - 5450 - 06-22-94
STUDENTS' RIGHTS - Search & Seizure - 5700 - 06-22-94
- Interview Process - 5710 - 06-22-94
- Complaints - 5720 - 12-18-02
- Court Information - 5730 - 11-16-05
- Corporal Punishment - 5740 - 11-15-06
- Organizations - 5810 - 06-22-94
- Fund Raisers & Management of Funds - 5820- 12-18-02
- Fee Waivers - 5830 - 06-22-94
- Extra-Curricular - 5840 - 11-16-05
- Curriculum and Non-Curriculum Student Sponsored Clubs - 5850 - 08-16-06
- Illness & Injuries - 5910 - 12-18-02
- Concussion & Head Trauma - 5915 September 2013
- Athletic Insurance - 5920 - 12-18-02
- Married or Pregnant Students - 5930 - 06-22-94
- Human Sexuality Education / Maturation Policy - 03-21-07
- Alcohol & Drugs - 5940 - 03-19-03
- Sexual Harassment -5950 - 12-18-02
- Administering Medication - 5960 - 11-16-05
- Resuscitation - 5961 - 03-16-05
- AIDS / HIV - 5970 - 06-22-94
- Child Abuse - 5980 - 06-22-94
- Communicable Diseases - 5990 - 06-22-94
No officer or employee of the District, when acting or purporting to act in an official capacity shall refuse to permit any student to participate in any school program because of the student's race, religion, color, sex, or national origin.
Title IX is the portion of the Education Amendments of 1972 that prohibits sex discrimination in educational institutions that receive any federal funds. In brief, Title IX states: No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Title IX Coordinator
The District has designated an employee to coordinate its efforts to comply with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended. The District hereby notifies all employees and or students that the Assistant Principal of Grand County High School, 608 South 400 East, 435-259-8931, is so designated.
Title IX Complaints
The Board of Education hereby adopts the following procedure for educators and/or students to make a complaint of the School District’s non-compliance with the provisions of Title IX.
- An employee or student in the School District shall file a written statement with the principal of the school site and/or the School District’s office which outlines and states the basis for the belief that Title IX has been violated by the School District. However, in the event that an administrator receives a verbal report of alleged violation of Title IX, the administrator shall ask the employee and/or student to state the basis of the allegation of violation of Title IX in a written statement.
- The School District administrator receiving the complaint shall notify the superintendent of the nature of the complaint. Either the superintendent or the superintendent’s designee shall have 20 days to investigate the complaint and report in writing his or her determination with respect to the complaint.
- The administrator investigating the complaint shall report the findings to the Title IX officer. The Title IX officer shall either confirm or disconfirm the findings of the administrator within 20 days. The Title IX officer shall report the conclusions to the complaint to the Board of Education.
- In the event that it is determined that the School District is not in compliance with Title IX by the Title IX officer, then a report shall be made to the Board of Education regarding the respects in which the School District is not in compliance with Title IX and the Title IX officer shall make proposals to the Board regarding corrective action to be taken. The Board shall take action it deems advisable within 60 days after the report of violations of Title IX has been brought to its attention.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
The District shall provide a free appropriate public education to all qualified students with disabilities who are residents of the District regardless of the nature or severity of the disability, as adequately as the needs of non-disabled students. Students must be between the ages of three and twenty-two and have not graduated from high school. Federal legislation requires the District to provide regular or special education and related services that are designed to meet the individual educational needs of each qualified student with disabilities. The District shall comply with federal law concerning education of students with disabilities. Concerned parties (teachers, parents, etc.) may refer a student for possible special education evaluation to a school’s Student Strategy Team.
Section 504 is part of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Section 504 prohibits discrimination against persons with a disability in any program that receives federal financial assistance. The District recognizes a responsibility to avoid discrimination in policies and practices regarding its personnel and students. No discrimination against any person with a disability will be knowingly permitted in any of the programs and practices in the District. The District will identify, educationally evaluate, and if the student is determined to be eligible under Section 504/ADA, to afford access to appropriate educational services. The parent shall provide evidence from a physician regarding the student’s mental or physical impairment. Concerned parties (teachers, parents, etc.) may refer a student for possible Section 504/ADA evaluation to a school’s Student Strategy Team.
Adopted: 6/22/94; Revised 12/18/02; Revised 04-19-06 * GRAND COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT * Moab, Utah